Medjool Dates are a popular and delicious variety of dates that are known for their large size, soft texture, and sweet flavor. They are believed to have originated in the Middle East, where they have been cultivated for thousands of years.
Medjool Dates are prized for their nutritional value and health benefits. They are a rich source of dietary fiber, which helps to promote digestive health and regulate blood sugar levels. They are also a good source of vitamins and minerals, including potassium, magnesium, and vitamin B6.
In addition to their nutritional benefits, Medjool Dates have been used in traditional medicine to treat a variety of ailments, including constipation, anemia, and even sexual dysfunction. They are also believed to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which can help to protect the body against disease and promote overall health and well-being.
Medjool Dates are a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of recipes and dishes. They are often used in sweet desserts and baked goods, but can also be added to savory dishes for a touch of sweetness and flavor. They can be stuffed with nuts or cheese, wrapped in bacon, or used as a natural sweetener in smoothies and other drinks.
When purchasing Medjool Dates, it’s important to choose high-quality dates that are fresh and free from mold or other defects. They can be stored in a cool, dry place for several months, but it’s best to consume them within a few weeks of purchase to ensure maximum freshness and flavor.
In conclusion, Medjool Dates are a delicious and nutritious variety of dates that are enjoyed all over the world. They are packed with nutrients and health benefits, making them an ideal choice for those looking to improve their overall health and well-being. They can be enjoyed on their own as a snack or used in a variety of dishes and recipes, and are a great addition to any healthy diet.
Medjool dates offer several health benefits.
May protect your heart
The fiber and antioxidants in Medjool dates may help protect your heart.
- Supports healthy digestionFiber is essential to promoting healthy digestion and bowel regularity. Sufficient fiber in your daily diet helps form stool and prevent constipation (13Trusted Source).
- High in antioxidantsMedjool dates boast several antioxidants, which can protect your cells from oxidative damage that can lead to diseases like cancer, heart disease, and brain ailments (16Trusted Source).
- Natural fuel for your body. Medjool dates offer a high number of carbs in a small serving. Carbs are your body’s main source of energy (20Trusted Source).
- May support bone health. Medjool dates contain a small amount of calcium and are a decent source of potassium, manganese, and copper, all of which are important nutrients for bone health (21Trusted Source, 22Trusted Source, 23Trusted Source).
- May protect brain health. Animal studies link dates’ antioxidants to lower levels of inflammatory markers and reduced brain plaques associated with conditions like Alzheimer’s disease (24Trusted Source).
Medjool date nutrition facts
Medjool dates are a concentrated source of healthy nutrients. Just 2 dates (48 grams) provide (1Trusted Source):
- Calories: 133
- Carbs: 36 grams
- Fiber: 3.2 grams
- Protein: 0.8 grams
- Sugar: 32 grams
- Fat: 0 grams
- Calcium: 2% of the Daily Value (DV)
- Iron: 2% of the DV
- Potassium: 7% of the DV
- Copper: 19% of the DV
- Vitamin B6: 7% of the DV
- Magnesium: 6% of the DV
|Storage Instructions||Store in a cool and dry place in an air-tight container.|
|Allergen Information||tree nuts|
|Net Quantity||500.0 grams|